Vancity – South Slope
7384 Market Crossing
- Encourage staff to use efficient rinsing techniques
- Install an instant water heater in your kitchen so you don’t have to let the water run
- Check all hoses, connectors, and faucets regularly for leaks
- Don’t forget hidden water use costs, like energy for pumping, heating and cooling, chemical treatment, and damage and sewer expenses.
- Provide refrigerated drinking water
- Scrape dishes rather than rinsing them before washing
- Water dry spot by hand instead of running the whole irrigation system longer.
- Turn off the water supply system at night or during holidays
- Discard water into plants instead of the drain