Vancity – Royal Oak Community Branch
6632 Royal Oak Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5H 3P6
604-877-2590 | email@example.com
- Branch committed to all of Vancity’s environmental initiatives which include in-branch battery recycling for Members and Employees.
- Making use of electronic means of communication, rather than paper based note taking.
- Implemented composting program – 2012.
- Lights turned off in offices when not in use.
- Printing restricted to only necessary documentation.
- 2008 – First North American Financial Institution to achieve carbon neutrality.
- Removed all bottled water from branches.
- Created Enviro Fund from Visa proceeds.
- Activley promotes alternative forms of transportation for employees; e.g. Transit passes.
- Extensive recylcing program in place across the organization.
- Almost 100% of used furniture donated to charities.