Travels with Misha
1872 W 6th Ave
I have worked for a sustainable and supported environment both in the wilderness and in the urban setting for years.
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Turn off workplace electronics when not in use
- Install motion sensors or timers on light switches
- Install ENERGY STAR® rated lighting and equipment
- Put reminder stickers on light switches to turn them off
- Optimize heating and cooling systems (21 Celsius when occupied 16 Celsius when unoccupied)
- Use natural lighting whenever possible
- Unblock heat flows by moving furniture
- Maintain and replace caulking and weather stripping around windows and doors
- Look for leaks in building’s exterior to make sure you’re not losing energy through the front doors
- Use laptops whenever possible
- Consider using multi-user CPU computing
- Change old power bars to the latest current sensing power bars
- Replace older boilers
- Find out about energy saving financial incentives
- Embed your green goals into your products and services – help your customers “go green”!
- Engage suppliers and business customers in collaborative projects to help achieve your mutual green goals
- Champion green initiatives to your industry association and solve eco-problems together
- Check out my comm4thebrave.com website. From my thesis work, it became blatantly apparent that for people to listen to the messages regarding our sustainable future they need to have better communication tools.