To learn more about sustainable business practices and be able to do our part in helping to protect the environment.
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Turn off workplace electronics when not in use
- Put reminder stickers on light switches to turn them off
- Use natural lighting whenever possible
- Encourage staff to use efficient rinsing techniques
- Provide refrigerated drinking water
- Scrape dishes rather than rinsing them before washing
- Water dry spot by hand instead of running the whole irrigation system longer.
- We don\’t have a sink in our office, but we do have a water cooler and staff are encouraged to bring their own water bottles or use a Tourism Burnaby mug 🙂
- Encourage carpooling to company events and offsite meetings
- Provide secure bicycle parking facilities for employees
- Share trip planning tools – TransLink trip planner, Next Bus, Mobile Site/Apps, cycling route planner
- Engage employees in regional campaigns like Bike to Work Week, Carpool Hero, etc.
- Use webinars, video and teleconferencing
- Print only necessary documents
- Send memos, quotes and invoices electronically
- Minimize paper usage in meetings
- Provide recycle stations at key locations
- Subscribe to online newspapers and magazines
- Donate unwanted food
- Use washable cutlery and plates
- Purchase eco friendly bulk cleaning supplies
- Purchase long life, re-fillable and re-usable products