Ritchie Bros. Auctioneers
9500 Glenlyon Parkway
Burnaby, BC V5J 0C6
778-331-5500 | email@example.com
- In 2014, we continued our Green Target to reduce waste disposed by 5% as compared to levels in 2013.
- Form a Green team to further demonstrate our commitment in sustainable business practices/initiatives.
- In January 2015, our global head office and recycling supplier launched the first of a series of company-wide recycling weeks. This service provides employees an opportunity to properly recycle environmentally unfriendly materials from the household including e-waste, styrofoam, batteries and fluorescent light bulbs.
- Ritchie Brothers has purchased renewable natural gas with the aim to further demonstrate our commitment to reduce carbon footprint for the coming year.
- Our global head office in Burnaby is a certified LEED Gold building: utilizing drought resistant landscaping, reusable dishes instead of disposables, environmentally friendly cleaning products, common print areas versus personal printers, low-flow plumbing, motion-activated, energy-efficient lighting and a building control system that powers down outside of key working hours. Additionally, $20k of carbon offsets were purchased in order to make the development of the project carbon neutral.
- Work environment: Office is equipped with low emitting furniture, environmentally-responsible modular carpeting and natural light reference, on-site child care reduces employee’s commuting emissions, designated VIP parking spots are reserved for carpool and energy efficient vehicles.
- Water: Availability of filtered tap water decreases bottled water packaging
- Waste: 58% waste diversion rate with recycling program for paper, mixed containers, compost, Styrofoam, soft plastics and batteries