My Father’s Garden
990 Cliff Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5A 2J5
604-298-6164 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- 3 Compost Bins for Food Waste/Scraps/Trimmings
- Use shredder to make garden mulch from tree prunings
- Recycle all appropriate metal, plastic, paper
- Sell products at local farmers market rather than other city
- Plan car trips to include several errands in same area.
- Cut lawn every two weeks instead of every week.
- Use leaves from garden in compost rather than city bin.
- Minimal garbage for city pickup – 1 or 2 grocery bags/week
- Minimal lawn watering; garden & fruit tree watering.
- Use LED lights where possible, and sensor lights outside.
“My property/business place is my family home since 1963, with the garden established by my father at that time. On a large city lot, I have a mini-orchard, berry bushes, grape and kiwi vines, which inspired me to start the business, cooking preserves from home grown and local grown fruits and vegetables to sell locally at farmers markets and artisan fairs. The one property serves two purposes – home and business. It is a haven for the wild birds that come to feed. I have 2 honeybee hives that pollinate my garden plants as well as the neighbouring gardens. It is a mini-ecosystem.”