London Drugs Ltd.
12251 Horseshoe Way
Richmond, BC V7A 4X5
604-272-7400 | LDOnline@londondrugs.com
- Reduce waste diversion in our Burnaby Locations (and store-wide) to 95% by December 2015
- Increase employee outreach programs for better education to help customers recycle at our stores
- Continue integration of our Vendor Questionnaire and Sustainable Purchasing Policy, to improve sustainability in our upstream (buying) processes
- Continue to expand our in-store recycling programs
- Organization-wide recycling programs that divert over (10 Million lbs) of waste a year from landfills
- In-store recycling (for customers) of electronics, small appliances, batteries, smoke alarms, light bulbs, soft plastics and more – basically everything we sell.
- Bring Back the Pack – our packaging return / recycling program. Customers can return any packaging from items they buy in our stores, including Styrofoam™.
- Our Burnaby locations currently divert an average of 80% of waste from landfill
- www.greendeal.ca – our online London Drugs sustainability website offers tips, news and product features to help our customers shop a little greener.
- Our Burnaby locations (and all other LD stores) use Phillips T-8 Alto fluorescent light fixtures for energy efficiency, helping us save 3.5 kg of mercury chain-wide since 1994
- At our Burnaby locations (and all other LD stores) customers can recycle candy wrappers and cosmetics packaging through a unique drop-off program with L’Oreal, Nestle and Terracycle