Burnaby Tours and Charters Ltd.
313-3921 Carrigan court
We want to be known as stewards of Burnaby’s parks and environment. We love to share the green spaces of Burnaby with our guests, and pledge to help keep our community sustainable for future generations to enjoy the same quality of life we do.
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Turn off workplace electronics when not in use
- Install ENERGY STAR® rated lighting and equipment
- Optimize heating and cooling systems (21 Celsius when occupied 16 Celsius when unoccupied)
- Use natural lighting whenever possible
- Unblock heat flows by moving furniture
- Switch from incandescent to CFL, HID or LED lighting
- Encourage staff to use efficient rinsing techniques
- Don’t forget hidden water use costs, like energy for pumping, heating and cooling, chemical treatment, and damage and sewer expenses.
- Provide refrigerated drinking water
- Scrape dishes rather than rinsing them before washing
- Water dry spot by hand instead of running the whole irrigation system longer.
- Discard water into plants instead of the drain
- Encourage carpooling to company events and offsite meetings
- Share trip planning tools – TransLink trip planner, Next Bus, Mobile Site/Apps, cycling route planner
- Engage employees in regional campaigns like Bike to Work Week, Carpool Hero, etc.
- Use webinars, video and teleconferencing
- Print only necessary documents
- Send memos, quotes and invoices electronically
- Minimize paper usage in meetings
- Subscribe to online newspapers and magazines
- Set up a recycle station for items accepted through Return-it and Foam-only
- Donate outdated electronics
- Donate unwanted food
- Use washable cutlery and plates
- Recycle hazardous waste
- Purchase used items whenever possible
- Purchase long life, re-fillable and re-usable products
- Purchase organic, fair trade coffee and tea
- Choose green eco friendly printers