Burnaby Neighbourhood House
4460 Beresford Street
We strive to continue to take steps that lead to healthier lives, as well as choosing sustainable options in all our programs.
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Turn off workplace electronics when not in use
- Put reminder stickers on light switches to turn them off
- Encourage carpooling to company events and offsite meetings
- Provide one washroom facility where the door can be locked for cyclist/runners to freshen up
- Engage employees in regional campaigns like Bike to Work Week, Carpool Hero, etc.
- We are encouraging all employees and BNH participants to join in the Walk30 challenge – walking to school, work, shop or play for at least 30 minutes a day.
- Set printers to ‘double sided’
- Send memos, quotes and invoices electronically
- Use washable cutlery and plates
- BNH will be hosting two Community Clean Up events, one in North Burnaby, and the other in South Burnaby.
North Burnaby Community Clean Up will be on April 26th.
Royal Oak Community Clean Up will be on MAy 25th.