Burnaby, BC V5H 4V8
604 454 2083 | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Continue reducing our greenhouse gas emissions in all buildings that we own or lease, through a variety of energy conservation initiatives.
- Improve our waste reduction programs across the public housing stock.
- Continue reducing our greenhouse gas emissions related to the office paper use.
- Continue supporting our employees on making better sustainable choices at work and at home.
- Continue promotion and administration of alternative transportation programs for commuting.
- Continue working with our partners to enhance sustainability aspects of new housing projects.
- Expand our tenant engagement on sustainability initiatives.
- Deliver new Building Smart education sessions across the province.
- BC Housing reduced our greenhouse gas emissions from our directly managed buildings by 25% in 2011 (compared to 2005 baseline). The energy retrofit work was combined with building upgrades and will lead to tenants living in better homes.
- Seven of our new social housing buildings have now been LEED Gold Certified and are now occupied.
- Together with our non-profit housing partners BC Housing has about 40 projects registered with the Canadian Green Building Council.
- Last year we launched new initiatives with our partners focusing on energy efficiency programs for group homes and buildings operated by non-profit housing societies.
- Last year new Building Enclosure Design Guide was published. It is invaluable resource for builders, architects, designers and industry educators. It is the industry’s most widely accepted reference on building enclosures.
- In 2011, 42 Building Smart seminars were delivered in 22 communities across the province.
- Last year 74% of BC Housing employees felt that the organization supports them in making sustainable choices in the workplace and at home.
- In 2012 BC Housing encouraged employees to reduce their personal carbon footprint through: Cut the Cost Cut the Carbon campaign. 18% of employee participated and made pledges.