Aurora Industrial Machines Inc.
3561 Pleasant Street
In January of 2018 the carbon budget as per the IPCC was 420 GigaTonnes of CO2 left before automatically triggered feedback loops start an irreversible chain reaction.
Now on Sep 30th, 2019 we are currently as I’m typing this down to 350 GigaTonnes of CO2, that’s a drop of 70 GigaTonnes of CO2 in only 21 months. At our current clip we are pumping 3.33 GigaTonnes of CO2 into the atmosphere/month!
So at our current rate 3.33 GigaTonnes of CO2 we have exactly 8.75 years left until we have exhausted the remaining 350 GigaTonnes of CO2.
- Turn off lights when not in use
- Turn off workplace electronics when not in use
- Install motion sensors or timers on light switches
- Install ENERGY STAR® rated lighting and equipment
- Use natural lighting whenever possible
- Switch from incandescent to CFL, HID or LED lighting
- Set printers to ‘double sided’
- Print only necessary documents
- Send memos, quotes and invoices electronically
- Minimize paper usage in meetings
- Subscribe to online newspapers and magazines
- Set up a recycle station for items accepted through Return-it and Foam-only
- Donate outdated electronics
- Purchase FSC Certified or 100% post consumer recycled paper
- Purchase eco friendly bulk cleaning supplies
- Purchase used items whenever possible
- Purchase long life, re-fillable and re-usable products
- Purchase organic, fair trade coffee and tea
- Choose green eco friendly printers