National Zero Waste Council Workshop
Creating a Blueprint for Circular Business Approaches
Hosted by the Circular Economy Working Group
The National Zero Waste Council Circular Economy Working Group is pleased to invite you to a business workshop on Tuesday, December 8, 2015 from 11:30 – 2:00 pm (with lunch from 11:30 – 12:00 pm) in Burnaby.
You and your business have been identified as a sustainability leader in your sector. We would like to learn from your experiences and insights into the challenges and opportunities business face as they pursue zero waste and circular practices and models. We hope to use this information to create a business toolkit to help other businesses integrate circular economy thinking into their strategy and operations.
Across the globe, businesses are accelerating their competitive advantage by adopting circular economy business models and approaches. The National Zero Waste Council is developing tools for Canadian businesses to transition to more circular practices. The toolkit currently in development will build on a series of Circular Economy Case Studies produced by the Council.
Why should you attend?
- Get a first look at key areas circular businesses are focusing on to close-the-loop
- Network with a select group of sustainable business leaders
- Build solutions with business minds facing similar problems and opportunities
- Be recognized for your contribution as a leader in sustainable business
- Benefit from additional research into solutions for your circular economy transition pain points by Coro Strandberg, author of the National Zero Waste Council Circular Economy Case Studies and influential sustainability strategist.
Purpose of the session:
- To provide input into the creation of a toolkit to help businesses start and advance on a circular economy path. We will explore top barriers and top opportunities which a toolkit should address and identify solutions and priorities for the toolkit. This toolkit will be published in early 2016 and will be a free resource for Metro Vancouver and Canadian businesses.
Date & Time: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 from 11:30 am – 2:00 pm (with lunch and networking from 11:30 – 12:00)
Location: Metro Vancouver Head Office,4330 Kingsway Ave, Burnaby BC (2nd Floor Boardroom or alternate)
Moderator: Coro Strandberg, Principal, Strandberg Consulting
11:30 am Registration and Networking over Lunch
12:00 pm Introductions and Overview of Session
12:15 pm Circular Economy Blueprint Introduction
12:30 pm Roundtable Discussion
1:45 pm Wrap up
2:00 pm Close
To RSVP, please email Michelle Stadynk by Wednesday December 2, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Space is limited. Please RSVP as soon as possible to confirm your seat. If you cannot attend, please email to discuss the possibility of sending an alternate on your behalf.
Thank you – we look forward to seeing you on December 8.
Director, National Zero Waste Council Secretariat, and
Senior Director, External Relations Department