Waste from the C&D sector represents about one third of waste sent to landfills in Metro Vancouver. Wood and plastic are the largest components of the C&D waste disposed in the region (approximately 60% and 12% respectively).
By recycling and reusing building materials we keep them out of the waste stream and help improve our air quality, land, and water supply.
This toolkit contains a reference guide and directory to help contractors, project managers, and homeowners learn more about:
• Demolition waste recycling requirements in
different municipalities throughout Metro
• Resources for the management of
hazardous materials commonly found in
• Alternatives to traditional demolition
• Ways to reuse and recycle leftover building
• C&D facilities, recycling depots, and service
providers in Metro Vancouver
Can’t find a recycler for a specific material?
Visit Metro Vancouver Recycles or call
To access the Toolkit click here.