Leave the car at home and join Canada’s Commuter Challenge!
You can walk, cycle carpool/ride-share, take transit and telecommute!
- is run by a team of dedicated volunteers and periodic funding that all contributes to the further development of the website and the tracking tool. If you think that you can help us in any way please contact us by email or to donate donate here.
- is a week-long event during Canadian Environment Week (June 4th- 10, 2017)
- is a friendly competition between Canadian cities and workplaces
- encourages Canadians to leave their cars at home
- rewards walking, cycling, carpooling/ride-sharing, taking transit and telecommuting
- celebrates active and sustainable transportation
- is locally hosted by City Coordinators who support workplaces
How it works
- You register your workplace before the Commuter Challenge week (June 4 – 10, 2017) and yourself any time before the end of the challenge.
- You walk, cycle, carpool, take transit or telecommute during the event week
- To be included in the final results you need to make at least one sustainable commute during Commuter Challenge week; of course you can commute sustainably every day
- You log your commute by first signing-in. Login once your workplace is registered or sign-in as an individual/unaffiliated.
- Registration and logging will be accepted until Saturday, June 18, 2016
- On your log page, you will see your impacts adding up
- As a workplace coordinator, you will see all of your workplace results and impacts.
- Tracked impacts are emission reduction, calorie consumption, distance and fuel cost savings
- Results are updated daily so you can see which workplaces and cities have the highest percentage of healthy commuters
Download this coordinator kit for more information: CommuterChallengeCityCoordinatorKit_English