Partnership helps deliver sustainability to Burnaby Pledge Takers and Members
The Burnaby Board of Trade (BBOT) has partnered with Climate Smart to deliver a series of training programs, certification, tools and data to help twenty BBOT members to lower their greenhouse gas emissions through waste and energy reduction strategies.
Vancity, through its Community Project Grants program, has made available grants ($1000 per business) to reduce Climate Smart program fees for participating businesses to offset the costs of program fees.
Benefits to your business
The Climate Smart program helps make businesses more competitive by helping them to reduce energy, fuel and waste costs. Through hands on training and certification, Climate Smart helps businesses uncover significant opportunities for improving operational efficiencies and prepare for the low carbon economy of the future.
Benefits to Climate Smart Certification
· Stay competitive on RFP’s, bids and tenders and differentiate your brand
· Develop strategies to cut energy, waste and fuel costs and reduce risks associated with carbon emissions
· Access to expertise, technology and a network of local businesses
· Navigate and access local utility rebates and incentives
· Contribute to community goals, engage employees, and take action on an important issue
· Join a community of over 750 businesses who are Climate Smart Certified (see full listing)
· This offering is for 2014 only
· Each business will receive a $1000.00 subsidy to receive CS certification (while funds last)
· To be eligible for the subsidy you must be a member of the Burnaby Board of Trade
· To be eligible for the subsidy we ask that you take The Pledge for a Sustainable Community (bbotpledge.ca) at no cost.
Climate Smart’s cost to participants is tiered depending on the number of full-time employees in the organization. Business fees range from $1,375 to $3,500 depending on the size of the business.
For example a $1000 subsidy for a small business would bring the price from $1375 to $375.
How to Apply
To apply for the grant or for more information contact Burnaby Board of Trade Marketing Manager Tessa Vanderkop at 604.412.0100 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
See how the Climate Smart program worked wonders for Van Houtte Coffee Services: