CITY OF BURNABY ENVIRONMENT FESTIVAL
• Saturday, May 31st, 9am to 2pm, outer courtyard at City Hall, 4949 Canada Way
• www.burnaby.ca/environmentweek (website should be updated soon!)
• Offered in conjunction with the regular Burnaby Farmers Market in the north parking lot of City Hall. Come and visit both the market and the festival!
• The festival offers live blue grass music, ½ hourly prize draws for Farmers Market gift certificates, grand prize draws at 1pm, limited number of free burgers beginning at 11:30am, and many environmental exhibits and displays.
• Guided tours of the nearby Great Blue Heron colony at 10am, 11am and 11:45am.
• Cycling tours led by members of HUB: Your Cycling Connection. 10am and 11:30am, riding from City Hall to the new Burnaby Eco-Centre. Bring your bicycle.
• Free bicycle valet parking with BEST – Better Environmentally Sound Transportation
• Exhibitors include the Metro Vancouver Tap Water Team (bring your water bottles!), Encorp Pacific and Product Care.
CITY OF BURNABY ENVIRONMENT WEEK
• See attached promotional poster or www.burnaby.ca/environmentweek (website should be updated soon!) for event details, where to meet, etc.
• Saturday, May 31
o Open House, Burnaby Eco-Centre, 10am to 2pm
o Burnaby Garage Sale Day Event, 9am to 1pm, city wide
o Green Club, Mandarin language nature tour of Burnaby Lake Regional Park, 3pm to 5pm
• Sunday, June 1
o Field tour of Deer Lake Park with George Clulow, 7:30am to 9:30am
o Historical walking tour of Still Creek watershed, 9am to 1pm (registration required)
o Weed Busters at Burnaby Lake, Burnaby Lake Park Association, 1pm to 4pm
• Monday, June 2
o Covanta Energy to Waste Facility Tour, 12pm to 1:15pm (registration required)
o Burnaby’s Beautiful Byrne Creek, public presentation, Byrne Creek Streamkeepers Society, 7pm, Tommy Douglas Library
• Tuesday, June 3
o Free, guided canoe trips on Deer Lake, 6pm to 7pm and 7:15pm to 8:15pm (registration required)
o Weed Busters at Burnaby Lake Park, Burnaby Lake Park Association, 6:30pm to 8:30pm
• Wednesday, June 4
o Part I, Guided ‘green’ tour of UniverCity on Burnaby Mountain, 4:30pm to 5:30pm
o Part II, Open house and field tour with the Stoney Creek Environment Committee, 6:15pm to 7:30pm
o Registration required for these events
• Thursday, June 5
o Wildlife Photography Workshop with Connor Stefanison, Burnaby Lake Regional Park, 6:30pm to sunset
• Friday, June 6
o Documentary film screening at Bob Prittie Public Library. Two films about growing food, community and sustainability: ‘The Sharing Farm’ and ‘Edible City’
• Saturday, June 7
o Car Trunk Sale, Environment Week Edition. 9am to 2pm, Bill Copeland Sports Centre
o Neighbourhood Flea Market. 9am to 12:30pm, Willingdon Community Centre
• Saturday, June 14
o Uncover Your Creeks: Citizen Science, 10am to 12pm, Jim Lorimer Park
Mark Sloat, 604.294.7530 (email@example.com), can be contacted with any questions about this year’s program.