This webinar is presented by Climate Smart Training Facilitator, Maureen Cureton, and will focus on how the SME sector is finding profitable ways to prepare for and participate in the low-carbon economy.
Given that SMEs small-to-medium size enterprises (SMEs) represent 92% of Canadian businesses, the Canadian Chamber of Commerce recognizes the significant business, economic and environmental impact potential of helping more SMEs become climate leaders, reduce transition risk and future-proof their businesses.
Topics to be discussed:
- SME sector role in climate leadership action in Canada; Climate Smart businesses. –
- What’s driving businesses towards carbon neutrality and measuring their carbon footprint?
- How do businesses measure & manage their carbon footprint?
- What should I measure and why? International standards, climate accounting protocol and process.
- What are examples of SMEs that are finding innovative and profitable ways to demonstrate climate leadership (using Chamber member examples: e.g. The Musket, John Brooks, Platinum Pro).
- What’s “net zero”? What does it mean to achieve net zero carbon emissions?
- Who’s pursing it (business and governments) and why it’s important.
- Carbon offsets – part of the net zero solution.
About Climate Smart Business Inc.
For over a decade, Climate Smart Businesses Inc., a Radicle Group company, has helped businesses across all sectors to profitably reduce their carbon footprints and build capacity towards net-zero and environmental, social and governance (ESG) goals. Climate Smart’s top-rated software tool, certification and training are grounded in the most recognized international standard for Fortune 500 businesses and focuses on the business case for decarbonization — cost savings, reduced climate risk, improved operational efficiencies, and quantifiable data — adding up to an increased competitive advantage.
Maureen has facilitated Climate Smart Business training for ten years—guiding businesses learning to measure and manage their carbon footprint. She also designs and teaches university and college courses, and has presented on a variety of topics related to business climate leadership at events with attendees ranging from 50 to 500. She’s co-authored 3 books on environmental sustainability, and is most interested in teaching and learning about the intersection between business and environmental sustainability. Maureen holds an MBA and an undergraduate degree in Natural Resource and Environmental Management.
Please note that this event will be recorded/filmed/photographed and that images maybe be used in our corporate and marketing materials, on our website and in social media.
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org OR 613.238.4000
Date and time
Wed, June 30, 2021
10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT
Sign on here for ‘Getting to Net Zero: Opportunities for SME Business Sector Leadership.’ Register here.