Sick of traffic? Bike to Work Week is coming up! Register today!
How it Works
It’s easy, fun (and free) to participate in Bike to Work Week. Here’s how it works:
1. Register for Bike to Work Week (October 24 – 30) after September 1st. You can start a team, join a team or register solo. If you registered in 2015 or 2014 you do not need to re-register – simply login and log a trip to be considered a spring participant!
2. Encourage your colleagues to join your team and help you win prizes! If you’re a team leader, join us on October 12th for our Bike to Work Week Launch Party and pick up your team leader packages. (email email@example.com for more information)
3. Log your trips during Bike to Work Week to be entered to win more amazing prizes, including a trip for 2 to Amsterdam on KLM! You can log your trip by mapping it or by entering your total kilometres cycled.
4. Check out the Celebration Station Map after October 14th to find out where you can stop for free treats, free mechanic services and more prize draws throughout the week!
5. Consider becoming a member of HUB to support cycling improvements and bike education around the region.
Tips for winter cycling at your workplace
- Set up a BIke Buddy system for work leisure
- Organize a route planning session (stock up on bike maps)
- Post bike maps in common areas to stimulate discussion & route-sharing
- Set up a drying rack for wet gear
- Set up a loaner bike, pump, spare lock & basic repair tools
- Register for Bike to Work Week and incentivise colleagues with prize giveaways
- Arrange a community breakfast to discuss other tips for cycling during the rainy season