Advancing the Circular Economy Through Procurement
Tuesday, August 21, 2018, 11 a.m. (PDT) / 2 p.m. (EDT)
The circular economy aims to keep products and materials at their highest value at all times, eliminate waste, and reduce energy use and greenhouse gas emissions. It goes beyond simply recycling – from production to end-of-life and along the entire supply chain – by improving product design, business models, and modes of consumption.
Governments are poised to accelerate the transition to the circular economy through their own procurement, which is a powerful mechanism that aligns purchasing power with sustainability by taking into account entire product lifecycles.
The National Zero Waste Council, City of Toronto and Recycling Council of Ontario are active in advancing the circular economy in Canada, and are pleased to invite you to join us for an exclusive webinar that:
• highlights the City of Toronto’s journey to becoming a Circular City;
• outlines the process to engage stakeholders in developing a circular framework;
• spotlights key considerations to advance a circular economy through procurement.
• Annette Synowiec – Manager Business Operations & Change Initiatives, City of Toronto
• Jo-Anne St. Godard, Executive Director, Recycling Council of Ontario
To participate in this webinar, please register online.
We hope you can join us!
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org